UML2 is used for modeling your domain. Every modeling tool which can export to EMF UML2 is supported. Just model your domain, export the model and start the generation.
Most of Hibernate's customizing facilitities are supported. Additionally, legacy databases with composite-key and key-references are supported.
The entities are generated by the JavaBasic Cartridge. The generated artifacts consist of three parts for each modeled entity:
- An interface, placed into a seperate physical location.
- A JavaBean containing all properties and associations with customizable generations of equals() , hashcode() and toString(). This class is completely generated by the Fornax Hibernate Cartridge.
- A super class of the JavaBean used for customization with manually written code
Benefit from a simple "out of the box" cartridge, that is highly customizable!
- Generation of JavaBeans and Hibernate Mappings from a simple UML model
- Beautiful code using code formatter
- Fornax XML Formatter
- Hybridlabs Java Beautifier
- Inheritance** Table per class hierarchy subclass** Table per subclass joined-subclass** Table per concrete class union-subclass
- (JPA-) embedded
- Natural keys and automatic generation of toString(), hashcode() and equals()
- Java 5, i.e. typed Collections
- Completion of models with default values (via model transformations)
- naming unnamed association ends
- providing default keys
- many customizing facilities like:
- customizing Hibernate-specific properties
- customizing the names of tables and columns with:
- (name | name.toUpperCase | name.toLowerCase)
- Support for legacy databases
- composite keys
- key references
- Hibernate version 3.2.6 GA
- oAW 4.3.1
- JavaBasic Cartridge 2.1.0
- planned: Hibernate Annotations
Issues, bugs, and feature requests should be submitted to the following issue tracking system for this project:
Use the forum for questions and discussion.